Thursday, May 6, 2010

Back online

Alright all...we finally have Internet set up at our new place (as of last night), so here is the long overdue update.

To sum things up, Owen is SO MUCH FUN right now! He is moving all over the place, babbles and giggles nonstop, and is just very alert and aware of life and things around him. I'm not sure he'll ever figure out how to crawl on his hands and knees, but his version of the army crawl seems to get him where he wants to go. The other day, he did take a few steps on his hands and feet (so cute!), so at least he's showing some initiative. He can also now pull himself up (and does so every chance he gets) and is cruising around furniture like crazy. And gone are the days of falling down and being stuck until Mommy rescues him. He can finally get back up to a sitting position from lying down. So, most mornings, I find him standing in his crib, holding on to the railing, babbling happily about his silly baby dreams (at least that's what I presume he's talking about!)

We are now about one week into our new home (with furnishings, that is. We spent the first week of ownership cleaning, painting, etc.) I think this is going to be a great house for our family - very conducive to our current lifestyle. (Much more so than I now realize our last house would have been.) Still not sure how the home's location (Muscatine, Iowa) will suit us, but time will tell on that one. Owen joined us here permanently last Sunday after spending the weekend with Aunt Jackie, who he (and we) LOVES!!! They must have bonded because his face just lights up when he sees her now! It took a good day or so before he seemed to settle in, but I think he's adjusting just fine to his new surroundings. I know I promised pictures of his new room (the painting project came out really cute!), but until we get it all set-up, I want to wait. I was hoping that would be by now, but our initial burst of settling in energy is starting to wane a bit...

Unfortunately, I don't have many photos since my last post, and most of the videos I've taken recently are longer than 30 seconds (which seems to be the max that I can post on here), but here's a few fun ones...


Photos

Owen's first night in his new home.



Enjoying some carrot & raisin salad at Chick-fil-a with Grandma V. What a mess!



Having a cracker snack on the kitchen floor. Good times.



Videos

I think we may have a young prodigy on our hands.



So pleased with himself for figuring out how to open and close a cabinet door. Good thing this one is currently empty! Let the baby-proofing commence!



No comments:

Post a Comment