Here's a slightly better picture of the actual color,
but truthfully, the walls look completely different in all kinds of light. During the daylight hours, I get a little bummed because the color is so bland-ish and really not all that different from what it used to be (especially for all the work that went into it!) But in the evening when the artificial lights come one, I love the rich, but still subtle greenish "greige" (to borrow a term from my sister) that appears. It really looks sharp!
We painted the living room, kitchen, and hallway (our main living areas). All of that space has beautiful white crown moulding, two large window bays (7 windows total), two built-in shelving units, a fireplace, kitchen cabinets, and a total of 8 doorways, all of which needed to be taped and hand-painted around. The entire project took about 20 hours, including prep time (i.e. TAPING trim, spackling cracks, etc.) We used 5 rolls of Frog Tape (which I highly recommend. It is the BEST anti-bleed painters tape!), 4 gallons of paint, 2 roller brushes, and various other materials, much of which we already owned. Total cost was $145.72, not including the nine different sample cans (at about $3 a can) purchased in the weeks leading up to our color selection.
All in all, it was worth it. I am glad that we decided to do it ourselves instead of paying a professional painter. And, on the plus side, it makes all future painting endeavors (because I now officially have the bug!) seem like a piece of cake. A big thanks to both sets of grandparents for taking Owen off our hands for the weekend so we could get this done. There is absolutely NO way it would have happened with him around.
Here's the little guy enjoying an oatmeal raisin cookie, feet up in his high chair, watching Yo Gabba Gabba, no doubt. He truly rules this roost!